Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Dear Valued Customer,
There has been increasing online attacks on user accounts, and compromised accounts have been used to send spam. While we have stepped up on ourmonitoring, it is also important for customers to have strong passwords toprotect your personal information.
Password authentication is one key protection step against unauthorisedaccess. A weak password is susceptible to being guessed or intercepted byattackers. There are several programs that attackers can use to help guessor "crack" passwords. By choosing strong passwords and keeping themconfidential, you can reduce such threats. You can improve the security ofyour password by using the tips below.
Tips for choosing a strong password:
* Passwords should be easy for you to remember, but difficult to be guessed.
* Do not use passwords that are based on personal information that can be easily accessed or guessed (example: password is the same as the account ID).
* Passwords should comprise at least eight (8) alphanumeric characters witha mix of upper, and lower case letters, and numerals.
* Do not use words that can be found in any dictionary of any language.
Good practices to safeguard your passwords:
* Do not reveal your password to anyone.
* Do not store your password on your computer or write them down.
* Do not allow the browser to save or remember your password, especiallyif you are using a shared computer.
* Log out and clear the Internet cache after all transactions.
Please visit our website http://www.pacific.net.sg/article.php?id=417627
for more information.
Engineering and Network Operations
Pacific Internet Limited
NOTE:In no event will Pacific Internet Limited be liable for any businessinterruption, lost revenue, profit or data, or for damage of any kind,however caused, arising out of your use of or inability to use theinformation contained in this advisory, or your failure to receive any prioror future alerts, watches or warnings, even if Pacific Internet Limited hasbeen advised of the possibility of such damages.